Put Side Slits In A Skirt
A little change can always make a difference whether it’s a dress or anything else. Skirts are always a great choice for girls. They can always give their skirt a sexy look with slits in the sides. This is a great way to refresh an old skirt, or to spice up a drab skirt. You can easily put side slits in a skirt and this will make yourself look sexy and beautiful. Here in this article we will discuss about putting side slits in a skirt.
In order to put side slits in a skirt one need certain things like scissors, medium sized sewing needles, thread that closely match the skirt fabric, straight pins, seam ripper, iron and ironing board. Let’s find out how you can make side slits in a skirt. Just follow these easy instructions and give your skirt a new look.
1) The first thing to do is to locate the side seams on the skirt. Then you can remove the seam stitching in the bottom hem of the skirt where it meets the side seam by using a seam ripper. But you only have to undo enough of the hem to get to the side seam.
2) The next step for making side slits in a skirt is just to unfold the bottom hem. Then you can start removing the stitching from the vertical seam with your seam ripper. After this you have to cut a little to show a small portion of your leg or a lot to show more of your leg. And look out if you have opened it enough.
3) Once you have opened the side seam, snip the seam allowance at the top of your open seam. Then lay the sides of the seam flat and iron them down.
4) The next step for putting side slits in a skirt is to re-sew the sides, refold the bottom hem. Start sewing along the flaps on each side of the slit, from the bottom to the top. Then you can tie off the thread at each end to prevent unraveling. To hide your work you can use a smaller stitch.
5) You can make large slit in just one side or can try two small slits in each side. And skirt is ready.